Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tell U.S. what you think

Today I was listening to "IVillage Live" while getting my haircut. Amazingly, the guest was talking about having "Dog Parties". She went on to describe the outfits, the decorations, the party favors, and the decorated food that one should have when throwing a dog party.

I love my dog and she is well-fed and taken care of, but I cannot imagine what would possess someone to go to such excess for a dog. My thoughts went from there to how affluent (and decadent?) a society must be that they would be throwing elaborate parties for domesticated animals.

I'm not going to rant about how we need to be better stewards of our world or how we as Americans are somewhat out of touch with how good we have it. Instead, I know that this blog has gotten hits from around the world and I will leave it to all of you to comment on this thread.

Thoughts anyone?

No comments:

Peapod - Lighten the Load this Holiday Season with $10 in Free Groceries (468x60)