Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, August 3, 2007

Thank you George Bush

I was just going over my year-to-date financial information and came across some interesting information. I've made about $900 more this year than last and yet I've paid $88 LESS in federal income tax. That's not a lot, but what other item has gone down in price (and yes, taxes are the price you pay for government services) this past year?

To compare, I've paid $295 MORE for gasoline, $134 MORE for groceries, and $176 MORE for my utilities. Also in comparison, I've spent $259 MORE in local taxes. The only thing that I've spent less on is my federal income tax. That's thanks to the Republicans and their "tax cut for the rich".

To be clear, I'M NOT RICH. I would have to more than double my salary to equal what an average autoworker makes. I would have to more than double my salary to raise my salary into what would be the next tax bracket. This, to me, is proof that the Democrats are full of crap when they say the tax increases only benefit the rich.

As I've said before, I don't care if people wealthier than me get more money back. All I care is that I'M PAYING LESS FEDERAL TAX THIS YEAR. I would thus encourage everyone to let Congress know that we want to keep paying less tax (even though government tax receipts are UP!!!) and have them make the tax cuts permanent.

Thoughts anyone?

No comments:

Peapod - Lighten the Load this Holiday Season with $10 in Free Groceries (468x60)