Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Potpourri

So, it's been a while. There are lots of things to talk about.

I continue to fight against mandatory full service in New Jersey. I resent paying extra to have a guy with a phone glued to his ear, come up and tap on my passenger side window and force me to lean over and give him my card....all this for 5 cents a gallon more!

It's school board election day here in New Jersey and voter turnout is miserably low. For all our talk of representative democracy and the power of the people, we are apparently willing to let a select few determine the direction of our children's education and our local tax burden. We'd prefer to stay home and watch American Idol!

I've gotten more e-mails about the site http://www.usawakeup.org/. It's got some real powerful and disturbing messages. I'll be researching it further, but the site is worth a look. Maybe some of our nostalgic looks back at our patriotic past could save our future.

Lastly, I'm looking to focus in on some of the many things that I write about. I've written about morality, EMS, politics (specifically what's happening in the Democratic Party), entitlement, New Jersey, environment. As a reader, which would you be most inclined to check in to read about?

Thoughts anyone?




No Interest for 12 Months on New XPS Purchases!† For qualified customers with Dell Preferred Account.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As a reader, which would you be most inclined to check in to read about?

Family, good times, vacations, good books to read.

Sorry, but I am fed up with politics.

Dreem said...

You have been going to the wrong gas stations :)

The couple I frequent have some of the lower prices in the area. Friendly English speaking attendants. I don't have to get out of the car in my suit and slog around in the slush or the pelting rain. And for this service I pay a premium that is about 1%. This is less than most ATM machines for cash. I can save more than the premium just by picking stations with the lower prices.

Anonymous said...

The gas prices in New Jersey are still cheaper than other prices around the country and I will gladly pay the extra 5 cents a gallon for the convience of someone else pumping my gas for me. Also it makes me feel safer when I'm sitting in my car while the gas is being pumped so that I don't have to leave it unattended while I go inside the station to pay for it.

Peapod - Lighten the Load this Holiday Season with $10 in Free Groceries (468x60)