Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, July 19, 2007

A new phone company

Recently I wrote about some of the apparent problems with Verizon's FiOS and I now have an answer. In researching options, I have found that my internet provider, Earthlink, will offer me service that combines my DSL and my phone. The bundle is cheaper than the two services separately (by about $20 a month) and it has more features than my current phone service. In addition, I get to deal with Earthlink which has had exceptional customer service since I first started dealing with them in 1992!!

Since their service remains on copper wire, the issue of losing phone service in a power outage (a problem for fiber) does not exist. Also, they provide E911 (address and phone number) service so I don't have to worry about that in the case of an emergency.

Their service is not nationwide yet, but it's growing quickly. For more info, click here....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In response to the question of self service of gasoline in New Jersey, I would like to state that from this female's point of view, I am for it. I never cared much about the politics behind it, and I do not care if they are on their cell phones (it’s a boring job without much conversation) but am very grateful to not get out of my car in the awful heat or the rain, snow, or freezing cold. Perhaps I am very stereotypical in this case, but I do not care to be outside in the elements getting my hair and clothes messed up, not to mention smelling like gasoline (and I think my husband would prefer me not smelling like a gas station as well). So, I do not mind rolling down the window on the opposite side of the car if that's what it takes to not have to get out. Anyway, these are not the cars we all grew up with. Remember, leaning across the front seat to the opposite side to use the hand crank to turn down the window? I admit we are already lazy and spoiled for not getting out of the car, but not turning down the window, when the button is at your finger tips????

So a big thank you to all of those who stand outside in the blazing 100 degree heat or the freezing 2 degree winters (even if some do it begrudgingly) so I do not have to.

Peapod - Lighten the Load this Holiday Season with $10 in Free Groceries (468x60)